Sunday 11 February 2018

Groundnut/Peanut Chutney

More than a year passed by, 2017 was a difficult one for me, with my DH moving to a different work location and managing the household with a growing school going daughter was not that easy. It so happened that in 6-7 months of time we decided that this could not continue long and to be home together I had to think of a new job and I made a move in August 2017, moved all the way in December 2017 to south of Germany, a new city, new life, new home, new work environment. Getting settled down slowly and my kitchen took its shape last month and I decided to start my blog all over again, hoping to keep this up for the years to come, to make sure that this blog is still alive!
Well, no long speeches to hold you on, today I tried something new in my kitchen.

Whenever we have dosas (Indian Crepes) at home, we make sure that there is a coconut chutney that accompanies it, but unfortunately I couldn't do that as I had not coconut at home😐. Crazy isn't it.

Now a simple groundnut chutney recipe once a friend of mine from my old stay location in Germany had shared with me, came handy today and I decided right away to jot down as I made it.  Thanks to the roasted and mild salted groundnuts that we get here in supermarkets in tin, making life easy😃.Taking you to the recipe right away!

Ingredients:

Roasted Groundnuts - 100gms
Green chilly - 2
Garlic - 3 small pods
Ginger - small piece
Split black gram (Urad dal) - 1 tsp.
Lemon juice- 1 tsp.
Ghee- 1½tsp
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp.
Red dried chilly -1
Salt to taste
Water as required

Recipe:

  1. Add the roasted groundnuts to the chutney mixer.
  2. In a pan add 1 tsp. ghee, when hot add split black gram, as they turn golden add chopped green chillies, garlic, ginger, fry for a while.
  3. Then add to a chutney mixer, roasted groundnuts, the fried mixture prepared in step 2 and coarsely grind them.
  4. Grind them well initially without water, add lemon juice, followed by that grind adding little by little water.
  5. Then add water as per the desired consistency and adjust salt to taste.
  6. Finally add ½ tsp ghee into a pan, add mustard seeds and dried red chilly and let it crackle. Pour the tempering on to the chutney. Enjoy them with dosas or idlis

Notes:
  • If roasted groundnuts are not available, just roast the red raw peanuts, remove the skin and they are ready to go.
  • Avoid or reduce ginger if you don't like it's flavor in chutney.
  • Adjust green chillies according to your spice level. Add more if you like it really hot.


Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment