Whatever the season is, love for ice cream is something which never dies. Spring has shown its colors in our city and the onset of spring means, here there would be days which are really warm like summer alternating between some moderate temperature days and some cold days. But 2-3 weeks back we had such an awesome temperature. After season of chilling cold winters, it was a pleasure to luxuriate in the warm Sun outside and bask in a cone of one's favorite flavored ice cream.
I was like they definitely have good amount of loaded sugars and artificial colors or flavors in them, why not try one of our favorite flavors at home and guess what, it is mango ice cream. Yes, you read it right, I added no sugar, no colors! Bingo yet it turned out yum.
We gathered some cups, spoons and an ice cream scoop on Friday last week and that's all I needed. It was planned that we execute it the same day, I was lazy and to my good luck the next day here was cold and rainy. Glad I did not do, else we would have had to enjoy in the cold weather here. It got postponed to Sunday. Again I tried to postpone but then the kid pestered me and I was like, why should I drag so much and just got going. See below how easy it was!
Ripe sweet mangoes - 2 peeled and diced
Condensed milk - ½ tin around 200 gm
Chilled whipping cream - 250 ml
- Keep the blender with blades without cap in freezer for 30 mins. Pour the whipping cream to the blender.
- Blend for around 1 min with a look in between. Within that 1 min, the cream would have attained a soft peak state. Do not blend further, else it would turn to butter. Making use of hand blender would be optimal. I made use of a normal blender though.Remove it to a bowl. Add condensed milk. Fold it in just like cake batter.
- Dice the mangoes.
- Now puree them. Do not add any water while pureeing.
- Fold it to the mixture of condensed milk and cream.
- Transfer it to an air tight container and freeze for an hour.
- Just when it is 1 hour, using a fork mix it. Close the airtight container and freeze again.Again for an hour and mix using a fork.
- Freeze for around 5-6 hours and you are ready to go.
- To scoop out just dip the scoop in warm water and take out as many scoops as you want and enjoy. 3 ingredient home made mango ice cream is ready to serve.
If using hand blender, just remove the blades and keep the blades in the freezer for 30 mins before beating the cream. I made use of a normal blender.
Do not forget to mix it exactly 1 hour after freezing and again after another one hour. This ensures no ice crystals are formed.
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)