Tuesday 14 May 2013

Palak Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese Cubes in Spinach Gravy

Much Awaited by me was this 100th post. It really feels great that just within very few months of blogging I could reach my 100th post. Wow, I am super excited for 2 reasons, One my India trip which is also a much awaited one,and secondly my 100th post I'm posting before my trip to India tomorrow. Yes this trip will be a real great trip for me with regard to learning more new authentic dishes from my mom, mother in law and few close friends and relatives. Let me not drag rather share with you my authentic Palak Paneer recipe here.




Ingredients:
Palak/Spinach-250 gms
Paneer cubes/Indian cottage cheese cubes-14-15
Onion-1 chopped
Green chillies-1-2 slit lengthwise
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-pinch
Cumin seeds/Jeera-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Cashewnut-8-10
Water- enough to blanch spinach(2-3 cups) and 1-2 tbsp for grinding to smooth paste
Lemon juice-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-2 tbsp

Recipe:
  1. Prepare paneer cubes well ahead of the preparation of palak paneer.(How to prepare paneer cubes at home?)
  2. Add cashews and onion to a vessal and add enough water to submerge it and cook them for around 4-5 mins.Strain and transfer it to blender.
  3. In a deep bottom pan add water (around 2-3 cups) and boil it. Once boiled add cleaned spinach leaves/palak to it and blanch it for a while say 2-3 mins.
  4. After that strain them and transfer them to a blender.
  5. Blend blanched spinach along with the cooked onions and cashews to a smooth paste using 1-2 tbsp of water if required.
  6. In a pan add 1 tbsp oil and shallow fry the paneer cubes. You can deep fry even if you wish to.Remove them off to a kitchen towel and set aside.
  7. In another pan add remaining oil and add jeera,ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
  8. As they splatter add the pureed palak paste to it and cook for a while say 4-5 minutes.
  9. Now add turmeric powder,coriander powder,salt to taste and mix well.
  10. Now add fried paneer cubes to it and simmer for a while.
  11. Remove it off the fire and add lemon juice to it.
  12. Serve hot with rotis or any Indian flatbreads or even rice.


 
 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment