Thursday 9 May 2013

Carrot Cashewnut Milkshake

Before moving to Germany me with my family got a chance to visit one of my close friend's house. Our welcome drink there was this yummy milkshake. I was continuously asked to keep guessing the ingredients of the milkshake. My guessing session went on with my different guesses based on colour and taste of the milkshake like, ingredients may be muskmelon,almond, and many more but finally I was surprised to know that it was carrot cashewnut milkshake. Wow still remember the day, my kid was just 9 months old and she drank that so easily that I wondered why the hell I din't get this idea before! This milkshake recipe was from my friend's husband Mr A. Wow, so yummy it was! You could make any kid eat carrot this way because the smell of carrot never remains in the final product and hence no wonder if I tell a kid will just finish it off and ask for more. I was really surprised to know the ingredients in the milkshake from my friend. Well here I share with you the unique recipe of this yummylicious milkshake.


Ingredients:
Carrot-1
Cashewnuts-10-12
Boiled and cooled Milk-2 cups
Sugar as per your taste(I used around 1-2 tbsp)
Cardamom powder-a pinch

Recipe:
  1. Pressure cook carrots in a double boiler with 1/2 cup milk,1 tbsp sugar and also cashewnuts for 3 whistles.
  2. Let it cool down completely.
  3. Once cooled transfer them to blender.
  4. Add just enough amount of milk, around 1 cup to blend them to smooth paste and then add further remaining milk, remaining sugar and cardamom powder and blend again till you get your desired consistency.
  5. Chill and enjoy.


Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

[WTML%25202013%255B17%255D.jpg]



Summer Drinks and Desserts Giveaway
 

No comments:

Post a Comment