Sunday 22 December 2013

Banoffee Pie

I happened to just scroll the list of desserts in my space here. I believe like me there are many who crave very much for sweets and own a sweet tooth. I never tried Banoffee Pie till date and as a part of challenge in SFC this month we had Banoffee Pie under fusion dessert. And this is the first time that I prepared it and I enjoyed alot, best part is that my kiddo gulped a bowl full leaving me only a teaspoon to taste. It tasted wonderful. I believe this is the easiest dessert if all things are readily available. Caramel or Dulce de leche is prepared from condensed milk. We do get caramel readily but my search in supermarkets here went in vain and finally had to retort to condensed milk to prepare the caramel. Usually Banoffee Pie is topped with chocolate shavings but my dislike to that made me top them with dryfruits,nuts. Here goes the simple recipe.
Recipe ideas from Youtube.
Makes 2 cups
Ingredients:
Digestive biscuits-8
Ripe Banana-1
Condensed milk-1 cup
Sugar-2 tbsp.
Melted Butter-3 tsp.
Whipping cream-1 cup
Sultanines and Pistachios to garnish
Recipe:
  1. Using a mixer just powder the biscuits or alternatively put them in ziplock and crush. Add melted butter to it and mix well.
  2. Take the mixture and place it in a glass bowl or any serving bowl you desire.
  3. Press well and then place it in a refrigerator for atleast 2 hours to let them set well.
  4. Simultaneously prepare caramel from condensed milk by adding condensed milk and sugar to a pan and cook them with continuous stirring on a low to medium flame
  5. Continue cooking till it thickens and takes the form of caramel.
  6. Take the glass bowl containing the biscuit mixture kept to set from the refrigerator and pour the warm caramel on top.
  7. Once done set aside and slice the bananas. I would suggest not to slice before as they tend to change color
  8. Now add sliced bananas on top of caramel.
  9. Whip the cream well and then pour it over the bananas.
  10. Once done , add sultanines, pistachios and any desired dry fruits or nuts on top and enjoy this dessert right away or after chilling.





 
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment