Now that I'm back from a short vacation, just started to go through the blog left unattended for few days. Still I must say, no great cooking happening here, so off to my drafts and here comes a lovely chat. Simple and loved chat is Bhelpuri. This post was pending from long and got a chance today to share it. These holidays made me lazy I believe, the weather and climate too to be blamed for. Nowadays I don't feel like preparing anything good to be posted, just because the weather gets so dull and I get only a small duration when we get good daylight sun to photograph. This is a recipe that I prepared long back in Summer and here I share it during peak winter time, the pics are now tempting me to prepare Bhelpuri all over again.
Puffed Rice- 3 cups
Boiled, peeled and cubed potatoes- 1 cup
Green chillies-2-3 chopped
Dried coriander leaves-2-3 sprigs chopped (Use fresh if available)
Dates and tamarind chutney-1/2 cup (Check for the recipe of dates and tamarind chutney)
Brined tender mangoes-1 tsp chopped
Nylon sev-as required
Black salt-1/4 tsp.
MDH Chat masala-3/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix chopped tomatoes, onions,green chillies.
- Mix coriander leaves with boiled, peeled and cubed potatoes.
- Add them to the bowl in step 1.
- Now add puffed rice to that and followed by that add Chat masala.
- Now add black salt.
- Then add oil to it and give a good mix.
- Add brined chopped mangoes to it.
- Get ready with dates and tamarind chutney.
- Add it to the puffed rice mixture prepared.Mix well. Check for salt content and adjusting to taste add salt if needed further.
- Add nylon sev to it and give a good mix.
- Transfer it to serving plate immedietely.
- Garnish with extra nylon sev and the sweet dates and tamarind chutney.
- If green chutney is available, do add that as per your taste.
- This bhelpuri has no hard and fast rule, adjust ingredients as per availability and according to your taste.
- Puffed rice could be roasted well on a low to medium flame if desired, but I didn't.
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)