Thursday 29 August 2013

Maida Burfi

Janmashtami was celebrated yesterday throughout. I had kept all you readers in suspense by asking you all to stay tuned for my maida burfi and Kodubale recipe.
My daughter's nakshatra or star is 'Rohini'. It is believed to be Krishna's nakshatra. So whenever she does any mischief I call her telling 'looti krishna' as in our local language meaning naughty Krishna. She loves specific sweets only. This is something which she will like I felt and hence on the Janmashtami night,after offering to God, I offered them to my sweet cute Krishna, Shreeya my daughter, and she was like wow, 'one more amma'. I was happy. Even my better half said 'This is something very delicious and I'm loving it'. Wow, what more do I need? Both gave me good compliments. I was happy.  As promised today I'm sharing maida burfi recipe. Kodubale recipe will be up tomorrow is up. Until you wait try out these mouth melting burfi.


Ingredients:
Maida/All purpose flour-1 1/2 cup
Ghee-1/2 cup
Cardamom-2 pods crushed
Sugar-2 cups
Water-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-a pinch (Just to give mild yellow colour/ you could go for any food colour)

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add ghee.
  2. When hot add maida and sauté.
  3. Continue sautéing in a low to medium flame for around 15-20 mins.
  4. Keep it aside once it is well roasted. Don't worry if you feel lumps are formed.
  5. In a pan add sugar and water to prepare sugar syrup.
  6. Keep boiling till the syrup reaches single thread consistency. Check by placing a drop in between you index finger and thumb. Take care not to hurt your fingers. Or alternatively drop sugar syrup using a spoon. If last drop falls in the form of a single thread, the consistency is reached.
  7. Add this sugar syrup to the roasted maida mixture in step 4.Add crushed cardamom pods. Mix well and try removing the lumps. Don't worry if few lumps are not released.
  8. Place it on the flame and continue cooking on a low flame.
  9. The entire mixture comes together and starts to leave the pan as you keep stirring.
  10. Transfer at this point to a greased plate and tap it and spread using a spatula or spoon so that the top is clean with no rough surfaces.
  11. When the top cools and the mixture is still warm, make markings as you desire the shapes. I cut into diamond shapes.
  12. Let it cool completely. Remove them off the plate and serve. Store in an airtight container and they may last up to 10 days as no milk is used.

 




 

 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Cutchi Kitchen, Gujarati zaika

No comments:

Post a Comment