Friday 1 November 2013

Alu Bhujiya Sev

Diwali is a festival celebrated with full enthu in India, I miss the fun and enjoyment we have when we are together with families during such occasions. But well to compensate that I started preparations for Diwali here and having together those delicacies with family and friends is something I enjoy. With many to do lists in my hand and I find it extremely difficult to blog, not because I feel lazy but due to the fact that as days have gone, with improved blogging and other few inevitable commitments are just pulling me down from writing up a post. Have loads and loads of recipes in drafts, but somehow when I sit to write I end up with some other work leaving my baby blog unattended. Well yesterday I prepared Alu Bhujiya Sev and the best part was as I was going to prepare Mr.S was like 'why you are straining yourself?' and later he ended up eating a bowl. I was determined as I had already boiled potatoes. If not I would have felt lazy and left the idea of preparing them. Well felt satisfied after piling up 2 big plates full of Alu Bhujiya Sev. Without any further delay I share the recipe for the same


Ingredients:
Boiled and mashed potatoes-4 medium sized
Chickpea flour-3 cups
Rice flour-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp.
Red chilly powder-2 tsp.
Chat masala-1/2 tsp.
Ajwain/Carrom seeds-1/4 tsp.
Lemon juice-1/2 lemon
Black salt-1/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry.

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add mashed potatoes in a bowl, to that add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, chat masala, carrom seeds, lemon juice, black salt, salt to taste.
  2. Add rice flour and mix well with mashed potatoes and other spices.
  3. Now go on adding chickpea flour little by little and keep mixing to form a stiff dough.
  4. Let the dough rest for 10-12 minutes. Smear a little oil to remove the stickyness.
  5. Grease the chakli maker and get it ready, here we need to make use of the plate with fine holes.
  6. Fill a portion of the dough in the chakli maker.
  7. The dough should be stiff enough that without pressing the dugh shouldnot come out of the fine holes of the plate used in chakli maker.
  8. Get oil ready on a deep bottom wok.Now begin to apply pressure and alllow the dough to come out of the holes and let them fall directly onto the hot oil.
  9. Deep fry till they are crisp and golden. Remove them off the oil and transfer it onto the kitchen towel to remove excess oil. When completely cooled store in airtight containers.
 


 
 
Notes:
  1. The dough should be very stiff, if soft then sev will drink away too much oil.
  2. While frying fry in hot oil till they are golden. If oil is cold again it will drink more oil.
  3. Do not let the potatoes absorb too much moisture while boiling.
 Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
 
Sending this to Only Diwali Treats hosted by Nivedhanam and owned by Foodelicious
Only Diwali treats
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment