Saturday 2 November 2013

Khova / Mawa

Diwali is here and many Indian sweets do call for mawa/khoya but it definitely is very tedious to prepare as it takes time and it is something which you cannot prepare in hurry and it is best to prepare 2-3 days ahead of your preparation and then store in airtight container. I had to prepare Rawa aur Mawa Gujiya (will update in my next post already updated Rawa aur Mawa Gujiya/Ghughra Recipe my very first post in this blog) and hence I wanted mawa for which I couldn't rely on Indian stores here as most of the time it happens that they get out of stock or not upto the mark and hence best is to prepare at home for me with the help of full cream milk. I used a litre of full cream milk to prepare a cup of mawa. It took me around an hour to get the final one cup. Had it been with litres and litres I would have exhausted by the time I prepared mawa. But somehow it feels good when we have home made. Well here I share the steps to prepare one cup mawa.

Recipe adapted from : My Culinary Trial Room

Ingredients:
Full cream milk-1 litre
Ghee-1 tsp.

Recipe:
  1. In a deep nonstick pan add milk and keep stirring occasionally till it comes to a boil.
  2. Keep scraping the edges.
  3. Once it has come to boil put the flame to low and keep stirring and scraping continuously.
  4. After 30 minutes or so, it thickens.
  5. Now keep scraping and take utmost care as not to burn the mixture.
  6. After an hour almost you would see a lump of mawa getting ready.
  7. At this point add ghee and mix well.
  8. You may use it right away in any preparations that require soft mawa.
  9. If not you may store them in airtight container.
 
 
 

 Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment