Saturday 30 November 2013

Knol Khol Stir Fry

No wonder nowadays there is no co-ordination between what I prepare and what I post. I, at times feel lost, when I see so many pending posts yet to publish. Wish I had one full day that was free to write and schedule. Well, my half day goes with my language learning class and rest of the day managing the household. How I wish I had an extra 5-6 hours a day. Well, today on post is Knol Khol Stir fry. It was never ever brought until late September this year. Once by chance brought that vegetable and prepared this stir fry. From that day on, never it failed to be up to on the table to go with rice once in a week atleast, permanent veggie in my refrigerator. It tasted delicious and perfect. Here I share the simple and humble recipe of mine.

Ingredients:
Knol Khol-1 diced into 2'' strips
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad dal/Split skinned black gram-1 tsp
Curry leaves-6-8 leaves
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp.
Green chillies-2-3 chopped
Jaggery- 1/2'' piece
Oil-1 tbsp.
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add oil, when hot add mustard seeds, urad dal. As they splatter, add green chillies and curry leaves, saute well.
  2. Followed by that add diced knol khol and turmeric powder. Mix well.
  3. To that add jaggery and mix.
  4. Cook for a while with regular sauteing at intervals. Add salt to taste. Sprinkle water if necessary. Cook till knol knol is well cooked. It is ready to go with steamed rice.
 

 
 
 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment