Tuesday 5 November 2013

Wheat Flour Laddu/Atte ka Laddu

Diwali celebrations are still in the air and as I write this post I couldn't resist myself and gobbled one laddu. I had thought of preparing in large quntities and was little skeptical and worried as how it would be like, so ended up prepaing only 40 and to my surprise they turned awesome. With the goodness of homemade ghee, roasted flour, sugar and flavour of cardamom it was heaven indeed. I was shocked to see my kid coming over and over again and leaning over me and asking me for a pinch of the laddu mixture as I was binding them. I just couldn't resist my laugh. Me and Mr. S were watching her. She was loving me more for I had the laddu mixture in my hand. So I felt as though ball was on my court and was purposely delaying in passing her the laddus just to get the sweet kisses from her and to enjoy her overpouring love.
I had around 40 laddus done and stored in container and now only very few are remaining. Let me share the recipe with you all so that you could try them out soon.


Ingredients:

Whole wheat flour-2 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp.
Sugar powder-2 cups
Ghee-250gms
Raisins- to garnish

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add whole wheat flour.
  2. Roast on a low to medium flame till they are well roasted and rawness is fully gone.
  3. Now add powdered sugar and cardamom powder to it.
  4. Warm the ghee to make it hot and just pour it over the roasted flour, cardamom powder and sugar mixture.
  5. Mix well with a spoon till you are able to handle the mixture with hands.
  6. Now mix well using your hands. Take out a small portion and rol it into a ball.
  7. Place a raisin on top and press it a bit so that they stay well adhered to the laddu.
  8. Place them on a plate and allow them to stay for few hours undisturbed.
  9. Delicious wheat flour laddus are ready to serve. Store them in airtight container. They will stay as long as 2 weeks as no milk is involved.
 
 
 
 

 
Note:
  1. If you have no powdered sugar, you could replace with normal sugar by just grinding once in a dry grinder.
  2. Do not change the measurements.
  3. Do not reduce the amount of ghee as that will not give good laddus.
  4.  
     Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)  
 
Sending this to Only Diwali Treats hosted by Nivedhanam and owned by Foodelicious

Only Diwali treats

 

No comments:

Post a Comment