Friday 29 November 2013

Bell Pepper Rice/Capsicum rice/Paprika Rice

Flavor of capsicum is something I am madly in love with, the colors, they tempt me. At times I get the Bell pepper/Paprika mix and use them in different dishes from raita to rice items. One rice item that I often prepare is Bell pepper rice. This tastes heavenly with mild crunch of Paprika. I normally prefer cooking such rice delicacies over the plain steamed rice with normal sambhar, dry side dish, as it eases out the task leaving me with less items to be prepared to set my dining table. Won't you love to know the way I prepare? Yes, there are ample number of ways it can be prepared and here I share my easy way, it would be ideal to prepare if you have left over steamed rice too. It is a post which was pending from long in my drafts. Here goes the recipe.

Ingredients:
Cooked cooled rice- 2 1/2 cups
Bell peppers/Paprika/Capsicum- 1 1/2 cup diced
Onion-2 chopped lengthwise
Cardamom pod-1
Cinnamon stick-1'' piece
Elachi/Green Cardamom-1
Bay Leaves/Tej Patta-1
Cloves-2
Jeera/Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder/Dhania-1 tbsp
Garam masala powder-1 1/2 tsp
Oil-1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. In a deep bottom pan heat oil, when hot add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.As they splatter add onions and saute well.
  2. Once they turn translucent add ginger garlic paste and saute.
  3. Now add the bell peppers, mix well.
  4. Add coriander powder, garam masala and saute well.
  5. Once well sauteed add salt to taste.
  6. Add cooked cooled rice to it and mix well gently. Capsicum rice is ready to go with raita.

 
 
 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment