Thursday 26 September 2013

Olan

If you are my regular reader you would have been definitely waiting for me to finish up writing the Onam delicacies. If you have noticed I had left out Olan recipe and hence the post is up today. I had never ever prepared this olan prior to Onam till date. This was my first try and had got the recipe from a malayali friend of mine. I tried this with Cowpeas and Schmorgurken/Braised cucumbers (a type of cucumber we get here) I started using this type of cucumber lately and started enjoying them in my diet. I hence tried them in Olan on the day of Onam. It was awesome and with minimum spices I could offer this curry with rice to my kid happily. Here I share the recipe.


Ingredients:
Schmorgurken- 1/2 chopped
Cooked Cowpeas-1 cup
Coconut milk-1 1/2cup
Green chillies-1-2 slit lengthwise
Curry leaves-1-2 sprigs
Oil-1 tsp
Water-1 cup
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add the Schmorgurken, salt, water and cook till they are almost done.
  2. Now add cooked cowpeas.
  3. Add green chillies.
  4. Now add coconut milk, curry leaves and oil to it and give a good mix. Check for salt. If required add more. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
  5. Olan is ready to serve as side dish for rice

Click the below pictures to get the pictorial view of the step by step recipe


 


Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Priya's page WTML owned by Gayathri, Gujarati zaika
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment