Saturday 27 December 2014

Jeegujje odina palya/ Breadfruit peel dry side dish

Few days back had some problem with laptop, even now not in a good condition it is and unable to use it. Hence blogging is further affected. Well, as I promised I decided to type the recipe of the jeegujje/breadfruit peel side today. This was something which I learnt after my marriage (almost all cooking I learnt is after marriage) , but have tasted rest few authentic dishes at my mother's place but this one was special for me as I had it for the first time at my husband's place. This recipe I learnt from my mother in law. Here I take you straight to the recipe.


Ingredients:
Breadfruit peel - peel of one breadfruit, chopped and soaked in normal water.
Onion-2 chopped
Green chillies-1-2 chopped
Mustard seeds-1 tsp.
Cumin seeds-½ tsp.
Urad dal/split skinless blackgram- 2-3 tsp.
Turmeric powder/haldi powder- ¼ tsp.
Red chilly powder-1 tsp.
Curry leaves-2 stalks
Oil-1 tbsp.
Water to sprinkle
Salt to taste

Recipe:

  1. Soak the chopped breadfruit peel in water.
  2. In a pan add oil, when hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and let them splatter. 
  3. Once they splatter add onions, green chillies and saute for a while.
  4. Now add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and saute well.
  5. Add the soaked chopped breadfruit peel to it and mix well.
  6. Sprinkle water and cook for a while, add salt to taste and continue cooking till well cooked. Add curry leaves on top and serve hot with rice.





Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment