Saturday 23 April 2016

Tortilla roll ups

Days passed by, never got time to look back here into my space. How much ever I try to hold back, there is something in this space that pulls me every time to engage myself for some time here. Yes today I sit after many months, to scribble what I want on and on. My bubbly turned 5 on April 8th this year. Every year the passion in me never lets me order food from outside for my kiddo's party. It was like it has to be prepared by me however difficult it is, irrespective of the count that would be joining the party. Not keeping well for past few months couldn't let me risk myself, hence our main course was vegetable pizza from a pizzeria nearby. Still the mother in me told I must do something for her party and hence the idea was to prepare some simple starter before the main course and a dessert to follow that.
The starter was Tortilla Roll Ups. It was my first try and turned out to be delicious that I was craving for the same after the party. Hence I tried again and sharing the detail step by step pictures for a simple starter to just add that extra shimmer to your party!



Ingredients: to prepare 20 roll ups

Tortilla rolls (ready made) -3
Capsicum/paprika (any color) -1
Spring onion -1 chopped
Cream cheese/ Cream cheese with herbs - 200gms
Red cabbage -grated 1 cup
Lemon juice-2-3 tsp.
Sugar-½ tsp.
Salt to taste
water-1 tbsp.

Recipe:

  1. Cook grated red cabbage with water and little salt to taste till it is well cooked and water content is evaporated, add lemon juice and mix well.
  2. Chop capsicum and place them on a baking tray and roast on around 200 degrees Celsius for around 5-10 mins.
  3. In a bowl add cooled cooked red cabbage, chopped spring onions. Give a good mix.
  4. Now add roasted capsicum to it. 
  5. Followed by that add cream cheese. Mix well, add salt just enough to taste.
  6. Place a tortilla wrap on a flat surface.
  7. Now place some portion of the  mixture on top of the tortilla wrap and spread well.
  8. Spread them evenly so that it is easy to roll.
  9. Roll them, tucking the ends.
  10. Let them cool in refrigerator till you are all set for the party.
  11. Just before the party cut them into small rolls. Serve chilled




Notes:

  1. This was my attempt for party, I added varieties of bell peppers as I had to prepare in large numbers.
  2. You could use vinegar instead of lemon juice.
  3. I used both plain cream cheese and cream cheese flavored with herbs. You could use either of them.
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment