Tuesday 11 December 2018

Chilli Paneer/Paneer Chilli

Long time it has been having entered my blog space. When one is conscious of the food intake, automatically one tends to get healthy, as all say it is 70% your diet that matters. Now I try at times things that include more of protein and fats. My craving this winter is for an Indochinese snack, well to be honest, it could even be my brunch or lunch (actually anytime I can snack on this). I tried out a version of paneer chilli which did not involve flour in any form following a recipe from internet. Isn't that interesting?



Yes, for me and for my family it was a super duper it. Without any further blabbering I take you to our paneer chilli.

Ingredients:
Paneer/Indian cottage cheese-300 gms sliced slabs.
Capsicum/Paprika - 1 medium sized chopped into cubes( any color, I used half red and half yellow )
Onions - 1 diced into cubes
Garlic - 3 pods finely chopped
Ginger - ½ inch finely chopped
Green chillies - 2 finely chopped
Pepper powder- 1 pinch
Spring onions- 2-3 chopped
Vinegar - 1 tsp.
Soy sauce- 1 tsp.
Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp.
Water-1 tbsp.
Coconut oil -1 tbsp.
Salt to taste

Recipe:

  1. Sprinkle the paneer slabs with pepper and bit of salt.In a frying pan, add coconut oil, when hot add the paneer slabs.
  2. Fry till both sides are golden brown.
  3. Remove them to a board, slice them into cubes.
  4. In the same frying pan, add green chillies, ginger, garlic, half portion of spring onion bulbs. Fry well.
  5. Now pop in onions and saute. Also add capsicum. Just a pinch of salt. Keep in mind not to add too much salt. Saute on high heat for a while.
  6. Mix in a bowl, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar and water well. Pour it into the pan.
  7. Mix well and then pop in the cubed sauted paneer into it. Mix well on high heat.
  8. Garnish with remaining chopped spring onions and serve hot.





Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment