Friday 12 April 2013

Coconut Fudge/Kayi Burfi/Nariyal Vadi

I had a coconut which we got as prasadam from a temple here. As my mother in law tells, always prepare some sweet item out of the coconut that we get as prasad, I thought to give a try to coconut burfi.
I just had half coconut and was quite sure that since it was first try it is better to try on a small lot.
I followed one way which my mother in law had told.
She knows different ways though. But I found this way pretty easy to do.
Recipe is as below.

Ingredients:
Grated coconut-from half shell
Sugar - 1/2 cup
water-2 tbsp
Milk-few tbsp
Ghee-1-2 tsp
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp

Recipe:
Grind the grated coconut with milk and keep aside.
In a pan add sugar and water and let it boil it till you get a single thread consistency mixture.
To check single thread consistency, just take a drop in between ur thumb and index finger and check if a single thread like structure is formed between the tips of two fingers.
To this add the ground mixture and keep mixing to avoid burning at bottom.
After the moisture is almost gone add cardamom powder and ghee to it and keep mixing.
Keep mixing till it forms a dough and comes together.
Now transfer it to a plate an pat with you hands.
Let it cool a bit. Then just give marks on the spread mixture the way you want the shapes of burfi.
After it cools down completely removes pieces and enjoy.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Nivedhanam's Authentic Indian Sweets w Giveaway for my First Blog Birthday

Indian sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment