Thursday 21 March 2013

Rava Laddoo

Rava Laddoo!
My mom makes the most delicious Rava Laddoo. Indeed for every one their mom is the best cook I agree.





But in this context somehow I must say she is the Best. Her signature dish I would say!
Being far away from her I developed cravings for this laddoo which I used to get very frequently when I was in India. So I decided to call her up and asked her the recipe.
Her recipe yields the best laddoos I say . A must and worth try dish indeed
I have a small cute daughter too. So decided to prepare a small one for her too:)
Come lets learn how to prepare Rava laddoos

Ingredients required:
Rava: 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar:3/4 cup
Water:1/4 cup
Ghee: 6-8 table spoons
Broken Cashews: 20
Raisins: 20-30
Cardamom(Elachi): 2 pods crushed or use cardamom powder if you have.
Warm milk: 2-3 teaspoons

Recipe:
Fry raisins and cashews till golden brown with 2-3 tablespoons of ghee.
To that add rava and remaining ghee and roast till a sweet aroma comes.
Then set aside.
Powder the elachi or cardamom and keep aside.
In a pan put sugar, powdered cardamom and water and bring it to boil.Check for the single thread consistency.
Check for the consistency by placing a drop of sugar syrup between your thumb and index finger.
Remove the pan off the stove.
Once done add the rava mixture to the pan and mix well.
Remove it from the pan and place the final mixture in a different plate or else the heat of the pan will make the mixture hard.
Then using little warm milk form ball shape laddoos from the mixture.Try to make laddoos when mixture is warm as soon as you take them from pan to plate. Be careful to not burn your hands.:)
The rava laddoos are ready. Enjoy








Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Gayathri's WTML hosted by Sowmya
[WTML%25202013%255B17%255D.jpg]

Sending this to Nivedhanam's Authentic Indian Sweets w Giveaway for my First Blog Birthday

Indian sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment