Much obsessed by Popeye in my childhood, was always under the presumption that eating a tin of spinach at once would offer enormous strength. Well though not that instant, spinach does definitely play an important role in offering right amount of nutrition that a body requires. It is a store house of vitamins and minerals that needs to be in our day to day diet. Spinach soup is one of the best way to eat spinach I believe. Well not to drag much will take you all straight to the cream of spinach recipe.
Palak/Spinach- 1 bunch(250gm)
Garlic-2 pods chopped
Ginger paste-1/2 tsp
Whole black pepper corns-10-15
Cold milk-1 cup
Corn flour-1 tbsp.
Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water-1 cup+2 tbsp.
Whipping cream-few tbsp.
- In a pan add oil and when hot add bay leaves, garlic and sauté.
- Now add onion and sauté for a while.
- Add ginger paste and pepper corns and cook for a while with continuous sautéing.
- Now goes in cleaned chopped spinach and cook till they become tender. Once tender switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Blend the entire cooled content in a blender with 1/4 cup till smooth. Sieve.
- After sieving add cold milk to the sieved palak/spinach mixture, add 1/2-3/4 cup water and cook on a low flame till it boils.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add pepper powder and mix well.
- In a bowl mix 1 tbsp. of corn flour with 2 tbsp. of water and add this mixture to the boiling spinach soup, thereby it thickens the soup a bit. Enjoy piping hot palak soup with added whipping cream.
This soup should be served immediately piping hot to enjoy the real taste and flavor.
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
Sending this to Cooking with Green event