And if the recipe to do is very simple it sounds great and worth trying right? I have an evening snack Onion Pakora recipe for you all. Very simple to do. I have seen many ways in internet and many ways learnt from Mom and MIL. All versions are tasty indeed. Nothing could beat the taste of this recipe I followed, which was from Vah Chef. He tells it the best. With no water in the batter this pakoras absorb very little oil and hence no matter if you munch on 2 more, right? Let me share with you all the recipe.
Onion-1 big sliced thin lengthwise
Green chillies-3 cut lengthwise
Ginger cut very thin lengthwise
Curry leaves-2 sprigs finely chopped
Coriander Leaves/Cilantro- 2 sprigs chopped
Cashews-7-8 Soaked in water and drained
Gram flour-1 cup
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Ajwain/Carrom seeds-1/4 tsp
Oil-2 tbsp+ to deep fry
Salt to taste
Water to sprinkle
- In a bowl mix onions, green chillies,curry leaves, ginger,coriander leaves and cashews and add salt to taste.The salt will bring out moisture from onions. Let the mixture rest for 20 mins.
- In another bowl add dry ingredients like gram flour, rice flour, baking powder, ajwain and salt to taste, mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the dry ingredients in step 2 and mix well.
- Add the mixture prepared in step 1 to the mixture in step 3.
- Mix well and you will see that the water content from onion is just enough to form dumplings of this pakoda.As far as possible try not to use water. If the mixture is very dry and you are not able to form dumplings, then just sprinkle little water and see that it just is able to form dumpling when little portion of it is held together. Do not knead into a dough. Just mixing well is all enough.Fine coating of gramflour and rice flour will be all over the onions and cashews.
- Now heat oil in a deep bottom pan and when medium hot add the mixture little by little prepared in step 5 in the form of dumpling to the oil.
- Fry till golden. You will see the onions take dark brown color and pakodas are golden in color.
- This is a unique pakoda which tastes heavenly as such or with ketchup or mint chutney and with a cup of tea.
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
Post a Comment