Saturday 15 June 2013

Creamy Quick Palak Sabzi

Lazy weekends calls for simple and easy recipes. I somehow have to manage fresh food 3 times for the day if we do not have any outing plans. Almost every weekend, morning begins for us at around 10 or 10-30am with no tensions of packing lunch or preparing any breakfast early in the morning as the weekdays. After getting up so late I start thinking as what special shall I do for this day's breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Well, morning breakfast has to be a swift one because if I take too much time it will become a brunch which my better half doesn't prefer.
So I somehow manage closing my kitchen set up for the breakfast as fast as possible within an hour of waking up. Hence today even for lunch I got a quick and easy recipe which I usually prepare as side dish for parathas or rotis/chapathis. I thought I would share this simple recipe with you all.



Ingredients:
Frozen spinach cubes- 500gms
Tomato-1 medium sized chopped
Onion-1 finely chopped
Green chillies-1-2 finely chopped
Cumin seeds/Jeera-1 tsp
Oil-2 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Milk-1/2 cup
Whipping Cream- 1/4cup
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. In a pan add oil,once hot add cumin seeds.
  2. As they splatter add onion, green chillies and fry till onion turns translucent.
  3. Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry well
  4. Once done add tomatoes and fry well.
  5. Now add red chilly powder and mix well.
  6. Now as the tomatoes turn tender, add frozen spinach cubes,salt and mix well.
  7. Now add milk and let it cook for a while.
  8. Now add garam masala and mix well.
  9. Finally on a very low flame add whipping cream and mix.

Note:
You could use fresh chopped spinach too for this based on availability, I used frozen as I couldn't get fresh spinach during my last shopping

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment