Friday 21 June 2013

Tomato Onion Uthappam

Simple plain dosa tastes good but why not make it even better with veggies like tomatoes,onions,green chillies,carrots etc. I can tell you openly that though I try out new recipes, I always try out easy ways and to be frank I used the same batter which I used to prepare Plain Dosas here to prepare base for tomato onion uthappam. Just few veggies added and little variation in spreading the dosa on griddle helped me achieve a new variety of dosa thereby satisfying my craving.
Here I share the simple recipe of tomato onion uthappam.

Ingredients:
Dosa batter used for plain dosa-2 cups
Grated carrots-2-3 tsp
Tomatoes-1/2 chopped
Onion-1/2 chopped
Green chillies-1-2 chopped
Tomato thokku/tomato chutney-2 tsp
Ghee or oil to smear

Recipe:
  1. Pour a ladle full of batter on the hot nonstick griddle and just spread it little, do not spread it too thin.
  2. Add few chopped tomatoes, onions, green chillies, grated carrots and also add around 3/4-1 tsp of tomato thokku on top of the dosa.
  3. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on high.
  4. Remove the cover and apply or smear little ghee or oil on top and without flipping transfer it to the serving plate.
  5. Enjoy hot with coconut cilantro spicy chutney.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment